Pilates Beginner’s CourseLet's Start At The Very Beginning
If you have never done Pilates before, or if you have tried but never felt that you really got the hang of it – then this is the course for you.
In a 5-week progressive course you will cover in detail the fundamentals of Pilates…
… and learn lots more besides
On the 6-Week Course
Here’s What You Will Learn
- How to correct your Posture – stand and sit comfortably, look more confident, elegant and younger
- How to move freely with proper Alignment of the Spine and Joints
- How to find and Contract your Core Muscles to give you strength and support
- How to Breathe to Achieve – improving how you feel about yourself physically and mentally
- How to use Pilates to take ownership of your condition and improve it
Places are limited to 14 students and everyone starts, and learns, together.
Top Quality Teaching
Throughout the course you will benefit from Mary’s tremendous experience and know that you are in safe hands.
A Sense of Achievement
After the Course You Will Be…
- Competent in the fundamentals of Pilates and basic repertoire of exercises
- Ready to Graduate to a Pilates Level 1 (Intermediate) class.
- Amazed at the progress you’ve made
- Knowledgeable about your own body, how it works and how to get the best from it
What Did You Enjoy Most About The Course?
Feeling that I had a way forward to improve and keep my health
Learning things I didn’t even know my body could do
Learning correct posture
What did you gain from the course?
Having lost last summer to repeated back ache ...
... I now am in control
My back doesn't hurt and feels more stable
Tuesday, 8 pm
Here’s What We Are Often Asked
How many students are in the classes?
Do you offer pay as you go?
Pilates4life classes are organised into 6 week blocks, payable in advance. This
- guarantees your place in class each week
- keeps Pilates4life costs down
- and therefore costs to members
- means you have a full hour of instruction – no time spent on administration
Can I do a 'Taster' class?
Do I need to bring anything?
- A full body length mat – yoga type is good
- A bath-towel to roll up as a cushion under your head
You can find out more about choosing the right equipment in the Pilates4life KitBag
Do you sell the mats?
What do I need to wear?
I have done Pilates before from DVD's so is this Course for me?
An essential part of the Beginner’s Course is having an expert to check and correct your alignment and help you work safely and effectively. You will also learn which exercises are best for you and more about your strengths and weaknesses.
I have done Yoga so do I need to do this Course?
Pilates and Yoga are fundamentally different disciplines (although some exercises do look similar). If you are new to Pilates the best advice is to learn it properly – regardless of your previous Yoga experience.
I am really fit so do I need to do the Beginner's Course?
Pilates is quite unlike any other exercise regime and it is vital that you learn the Method before attempting the movements themselves. Once learned, you will find that your training and sports performance is improved and your chances of injury reduced.
I am 73 - will I be the oldest person in the class?
I have just had a knee replacement and have problems kneeling, can I still do it?
I am Pregnant - Can I do the Course?